Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolution...

...in short, is this:



Sounds reasonable, yes? :P

To be fair, my 2009 shit is much more in order than my 2008 shit ever was. Still, there's always room for improvement, and this year I'd like to take a few more steps to becoming a real live adult. You know, the kind that has sound finances and stationary for every occasion and an incredibly hospitable home.

Okay, so it might not happen quite like that, but really, that's okay. As the name of this blog suggests, I have  an ever-present desire for grace, simplicity, poise, elegance, ease...you name it. And while that is not a bad thing by any means, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a goof at heart. There will never be complete grace in my life. There will always be a bit of chaos, and a touch of humor, and a ribbit-ing frog soap dispenser at my kitchen sink. And frankly, I wouldn't want it any other way.

So 2010 will be about making small progress steps toward becoming that "together" adult while allowing a bit of innate immaturity and spunk to shine on through. It will also be about a few other specific things: 

Moving to a new apartment in January
Completing my AA with Emphasis degree in Anthropology
Establishing a system for financial tracking/planning (yes, this is a big process for me!)
and
Starting and maintaining a blog 
...change name of blog? (though this one really is appropriate)


Blog's started! Here we go!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They truly make my day. :)