Thursday, February 11, 2010

HOUSE BEAUTIFUL NOTES

 Cujo Cat supervises Mom's scanning activities

House Beautiful is hit or miss with me. This cover is no exception. All about blue? Okay. But make a statement, okay? This room says nothing to me. (The side table is pretty great, though, I'll concede that point.)



That being said, there were some really great pieces under the not-so-good cover.

My favorite, hands down:


Sasha Adler is officially on the watch list. I absolutely adore the yellow velvet on the headboard and the dark lampshades, the gray walls and the bed linens...love love love.


 

That ottoman is fantastic!

There's not much that I don't like about this room. The ikat pillow and the soft pink blanket look great on the couch...not my first choice in fabric, but the stripes are nice and I love the tiny nailhead trim! The rug adds some great depth, and the lamp on the console table gives a nice pop.

 

This room is simple, but I'm such a sucker for a comfortable looking bed. Love the layering and play with textures and patterns. That pillow isn't half bad either (and there's that lamp again.)

That blue is fun. That blue says something. (Also, the bookshelves are arranged so very nicely!)

 

I want this to happen in my future house! Those pillows with the greek key trim, the colors, the velvet...oh my god.

And finally,
 
 
There's plenty about this room that is great (the rug, the pillow on the chair, the map wall, the Blue Moon tasty beverage), but, as the post-it says, lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They truly make my day. :)