Monday, January 25, 2010

101 in 1001 -- UPDATE!

72) Make time for reading fiction: one novel a month. (0/33)

In progress!

This might sound silly, but the reason I put this on my list is simply because I miss reading stories. As an anthropology major, I spend a lot of my free time reading, and the majority of what I read is either reference material or non-fiction. Don't get me wrong, I'm choosing to read those things because I want to...but they're not exactly easy or light. Then during my winter break, I bought and read a novel, and it was so nice. :) I want to bring fiction back into my life, so I'm giving myself permission to read for fun from now on.

This month's book:




I've heard good things. :)

2 comments:

  1. you definitely need to read this book. i read it for a class, which automatically means i should hate it because it's an assignment. but i've gone back to this book twice in the past year AND read it with my boyfriend out loud. magical, beautiful, sad, and oh so wonderful. you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about halfway through and I've found everything you've said to be true so far! :)

    (That's pretty rad that you got it as an assignment! I always get Capote and such. :P If you enjoyed Foer, I think you'd probably like Dave Eggers, too! He's good stuff.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They truly make my day. :)