Monday, January 18, 2010

MY OWN EVERYDAY INSPIRATION

Re: fabulous k's everyday inspirations post last week, in which she wrote, "Have you ever taken a look at your surroundings and felt inspired? It happens to me on a daily basis."

I remember feeling contrary when I initially read those words; I tend to be more inspired by what my mind cooks up than what I see in front of me. Or if I am inspired by something in front of me, it's something that has been designed to inspire (read: magazines, storefronts, displays, etc.).

But at the library this weekend, I had my very own moment of everyday inspiration. Who'd have thought? :)




Yellow seems to grab me lately. This little stool was in the second row of bookshelves, all by its lonesome. My school's library is very brown, very exposed brick, very blah. It's weird to say, but this little yellow stool cheered me up, and I think I might even have to do some eBay/thrift hunting for a similar one. I think it's adorable.

(I did spend about four seconds wondering if I could somehow smuggle it out of the library. Shh, don't tell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They truly make my day. :)